Toshiba with a conference held in Berlin during the IFA 2010 fair, Toshiba Folio 100 ago officially entered the market. The tablet of the Japanese will be sold from 399 Euros
The IFA 2010 in Berlin has just begun, but news on new tablet, notebook and fill the device you have already a few days...
After the official presentation of Samsung Galaxy Tablet is up to Toshiba Folio 100 (Formerly known as SmartPad) by 10 inches. Here are the technical features in detail:
* CPU : NVIDIA Tegra 2 - dual-core Tegra 250
* Display : 25.7cm (10.1”) capacitive Multi-Touch display with 1,024x600 pixels - handle 1080p video
* Hard disk : On-board storage capacity 16GB Flash memory
* Networking : Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), integrated 3G (depending on the version)
* DLNA® compatible
* OS : Based on Google Android 2.2 (Froyo)
* Battery life : 7 hours (65% web browsing, 10% video playback, 25% standby)
* Rotation of displayed content on the screen by accelerometer
* Interfaces : card reader SD/MMC , HDMI , 1 USB 2.0
* Dimensions : 281 × 181x14 mm
* Weight : 760 grams
* Supports Adobe® Flash Player 10.1
* Webcam with 1.3MP
* Software (excerpt): Opera Mobile, Toshiba Media Player, FBReader, Fring, Document to Go, Evernote
Although Samsung has decided to stake everything on the smaller size compared to iPad , Toshiba chose to retain the same form factor . Toshiba Folio 100 thus has size and weight similar to the Apple tablet. However, as Galaxy Tab, resolution is limited in height (600 pixels ) , a feature very popular with users, particularly from owners of netbooks that have already taken the opportunity to try this type of display .
To capture the consumer audience, Toshiba Folio will focus on other qualities, starting with Connectivity which is more comprehensive than that proposed by the competing models. The Toshiba tablet has, in fact, a USB 2.0 and output HDMI. The operating system Android will natively support Adobe Flash technology, still present in many websites. Unfortunately, you cannot access the official Android Market.
The users must settle for the proposed uses of default by the Japanese or those available on “Toshiba’s Market “the equivalent of the Apple AppStore for the devices.
Toshiba therefore calls on developers to join the portal ToshibaTouch.eu for more details on the possibilities of the future tablet. Final question remains: what will the price of Toshiba Folio 100? The tablet will be marketed from Toshiba 399 euros (around $500).